• Mhurron
    replied
    Re: New IE7 Exploit {Run Away!}

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
    Aren't they all serious?
    No.

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Originally posted by Durahansolo
    I think that statement is a little <s>stupid</s> greedy.
    Fixed. They know damn well that users should switch browsers, they just don't want them to.
    vBcode, not HTML tags.

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied
    Re: New IE7 Exploit {Run Away!}

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
    I think that statement is a little <s>stupid</s> greedy.
    Fixed. They know damn well that users should switch browsers, they just don't want them to.

Leave a comment:

• Durahansolo
    started a topic New IE7 Exploit {Run Away!}

New IE7 Exploit {Run Away!}

BBC NEWS | Technology | Serious security flaw found in IE

I like how the title is "Serious Security Flaw...." Aren't they all serious?

I know most people are no longer using Internet Explorer anymore but just FYI.

Article said "What we've seen from the exploit so far is it stealing game passwords, but it's inevitable that it will be adapted by criminals," he said. "It's just a question of modifying the payload the trojan installs."

I figure FFXI is probably one of those games, so everybody be careful, we don't need any more stolen accounts!

"If users can find an alternative browser, then that's good mitigation against the threat."

But Microsoft counselled against taking such action. "I cannot recommend people switch due to this one flaw," said John Curran, head of Microsoft UK's Windows group.

I think that statement is a little stupid. If people keep using IE7 when there is a flaw, eventually something may happen. To prevent risking something like that, why not just switch browsers until they fix it or forever like some people have done awhile ago.
Working...
X